Research Assistant (student contract)
I'm an independent consultant advising NGOs on corporate accountability and business and human rights. I'm looking for additional research (and writing) capacity on human rights due diligence (or due diligence for responsible business conduct), unfair purchasing practices at company level, as well as broader policy questions (trade, transparency, corporate accountability).
Are you the right candidate?
These skills and attitudes are essential:
- strong analytical skills;
- excellent command of english;
- convincing writing skills;
- critical thinking, curious attitude and intellectually ambitious;
- capacity to work autonomously;
- attention to detail;
- sense of humor;
- currently enrolled in a MA, MSc, LLM, Phd, Doc. Phil or any other post-graduate programme.
These skills and attitude are desirable and would constitute a plus
- knowledge of and/or interest in business and human rights (UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, OECD Guidelines on MNEs, French Loi de Vigilance, Dutch law zorgplicht kinderarbeid, ...);
- motivated by social justice;
- background in law, political or social science (or any other critical thinking programme);
- command of any other language(s).
- a salary under a student contract;
- a powerful learning environment;
- support to learn and grow depending on interests;
- working place in centre of Brussels or at home (depending on circumstances and mindful of social distancing);
- flexible planning.
For questions or comments, please don't hesitate to call (+32 473 55 70 53) or e-mail (email@example.com). To apply, please send a motivation letter with a short (max. 1 page) CV and a unedited writing sample (either in English, Dutch, French, German or Spanish, min 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org