Renewable Energy Policy Coordinator
Climate Action Network Europe is looking for a
Renewable Energy Policy Coordinator (m/f/x)
(Full-time or 80%, open-ended, ideally Brussels)
Climate Action Network (CAN) Europe is Europe's largest coalition working on climate and energy issues. With over 180 member organisations in more than 38 European countries – representing over 44 million citizens - CAN Europe works to prevent dangerous climate change and promote sustainable climate and energy policy in Europe.
We're currently seeking a committed and motivated individual with demonstrated experience in European energy policy, specifically regarding the renewable energy landscape and related processes. The individual will contribute to the work of the Energy team as a Renewable Energy Policy Coordinator. The position is full-time or 4/5ths, and ideally based in Brussels, with location flexibility for the right candidate.
Required skills and experiences:
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of political advocacy and strategy development or equivalent.
- Profound knowledge of the European energy policy, specifically the renewable energy landscape. Strong understanding of the EU institutions, particularly the functioning of the European Parliament and the Council.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and the ability to translate complex issues in a compelling way to various stakeholders. Experience dealing with media enquiries and speaking to journalists.
- Outstanding networking skills, ideally demonstrated in an NGO environment.
- High level of motivation and the ability to independently execute work while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Commitment to CAN Europe's mission and values, and a passion for energy transition.
Other desirable qualities:
- Experience of working with a network of NGOs in the climate and energy fields;
- Working knowledge of renewable energy legislation, either at the EU or national level
- Background in facilitating group discussions with people from different backgrounds
- Additional European languages are considered an asset.
- Experience in drafting briefings, legislative proposals or amendments, particularly in the context of renewable energy legislation, either at the EU or national level.
- Policy coordination: You are our expert on the Renewable Energy Policy, monitoring, informing, and coordinating on the renewable energy relevant legislative and non-legislative initiatives with a focus on the solar and wind energy acceleration, writing compelling position papers, factsheet and briefings, and co-convenning the Renewables Working Group of CAN Europe;
- Strategic guidance: You identify opportunities to accelerate a fast, sustainable, and fair renewable energy deployment to achieve a 100% renewable energy system for a climate neutral Europe;
- Representation and communications: You communicate the urgency and benefits of a fast, sustainable, and fair renewable energy transition, as well as enablers and challenges to achieve it, to relevant stakeholders and are able to relate your knowledge to media and on social media. You are comfortable with public speaking engagements and able to represent CAN Europe at high-level events, conferences, and media interviews.
- Fundraising and reporting: You contribute to fundraising efforts related to renewable energy and regularly report on activities through the CAN Europe reporting system and for individual projects and grants as required.
With this opportunity, we offer:
An open-ended contract with flexible working hours and the possibility of teleworking. This position is ideally based in Brussels and restricted to applicants in possession of a residence and a work permit for Belgium. We are not considering sponsoring visas this time. There is some flexibility for the person to be based in another EU country if relocation to Brussels is not an option.
Remuneration is based on our Belgian salary grid. If the position is based at our head office in Brussels, we will offer a Belgian open-ended contract with an expected salary of between 3.900,00 € and 4.950,00 € gross/month depending on the relevant years of experience (from 5 to 20 years) and subject to Belgian tax; Meal vouchers (7,00 €/day); transport costs; eco-vouchers (250,00 €/year); sport and culture vouchers (100,00 €/year), phone allowance (39,00 €/month); work computer.
How to apply
Please send your CV in English (without a photo), a cover letter and a selection of writing samples (articles or other materials you have written that demonstrate your writing style) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Important: Subject line must be “Application: Renewable Energy Policy Coordinator”.
We are an open and inclusive, multicultural, multilingual team and explicitly encourage applications from all applicants, independent of their age, ancestry, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
The expected start date is January 2024. Interviews will be conducted in English.
Applications on a rolling basis.
This position was first advertised on 19/11/2023. Applications will be reviewed on Wednesday 29th of November 2023, then on a regular basis as long as the offer is online.
For any questions in relation to this position, please contact Seda ORHAN, email@example.com
see pdf at https://caneurope.org/about-us/work-with-us/
see above and pdf at https://caneurope.org/about-us/work-with-us/