Field Procurement Expert
Voor deze functie is een goede kennis van het Engels vereist. De functiebeschrijving wordt daarom enkel in het Engels gepubliceerd.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work, the Supply Chain Department of the MSF Operational Centre Brussels (OCB) is looking for a: Field Procurement Expert (m/f/x)
The Supply Chain Department covers the entire supply chain management at international and local levels of the operations of MSF Belgium. As part of it the Procurement direction is responsible for the international procurement of its European Supply Center, MSF Supply, based in Brussels, but also for field local procurement and headquarters procurement, looking after a total of around 115 MEUR of procurement budget. Our aim is to improve the efficiency of OCB procurement by increasing the level of expertise and disseminating goods practices, through a comprehensive and cross-functional approach.
To help us achieve this objective, we are recruiting a Field Procurement Expert to strengthen the team.
Under the supervision of the Head of Global Procurement, the Field Procurement Expert will provide adequate support to the field through:
- Field assignments to provide:
- Expertise for specific instances linked to purchases (procurement strategy definition, market assessments, negotiations contract, etc…)
- Coaching and training (supply managers /officers, procurement officers, and purchasers)
- At the headquarters:
- Briefing of expatriates when relevant
- Definition and development of the relevant tools, indicators, guidelines, policies and procedures
It is anticipated that the Field Support Procurement will be on the field up to 50% of the time, with assignments to different location varying between 3 to 12 weeks, with some time at the headquarters in between to work on remote support and follow-up of action plan with the field, training and workshop preparation and facilitation, production of tools and guidelines, as that can be performed from a distance.
Perspectives: this is a one-year assignment, however, given the strategic role of purchasing and the expectations from the field, other opportunities to work in purchasing on the field or at the headquarters will likely arise for a performing individual.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Masters level or equivalent. Procurement specialization would be welcome
- A minimum of 2 years in a procurement function
- Procurement experience in Africa or Asia and/or an NGO experience would be a strong added value
- Good knowledge of an ERP – Logistics / Unifield would be a plus
- Fluency in French and English is required
- Knowledge of Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese are a plus
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Proven diplomatic and listening skills
- Pedagogical skills / team work
- Methodical & structured
- Adherence to MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, Empowerment
- Adherence to the MSF Behavioural Commitments
- Contract type: 1 year contract, full time,
- Location: Brussels Headquarters, Ready to travel up to 50% of the time
- Salary Package: Hospital insurance (DKV) - Pension plan - 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Starting date: Asap
Deadline for applications: 07/12/2020
CV + cover letter to be sent to Recruit-HQ-SC@brussels.msf.org mentioning “Field Procurement Expert” in the title.
Please name your application documents with your LAST NAME. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.